Self introduction

 

Dear Professor Blackstone,

I am writing this email as an introduction of myself so that you can get to know me better. My name is Lee Xin Hong Eugene, but you can just call me Eugene. I graduated from Ngee Ann Polytechnic with a  diploma in Automation and Mechatronic Systems (AMS). I have always preferred to do my tasks with a hands-on approach and have always enjoyed working with machinery.

Prior to joining SIT (Singapore Institute of Technology), I was an assistant engineer (AE) in a semiconductor company for at least 2 years at Micron. Our department’s job is to make sure that the fabrication plant (Fab) is running with minimal issues at all times and to have any system and tool errors be rectified as soon as possible. During my time in Micron, I was also tasked with conducting preventive maintenance (PM) and corrective maintenance (CM) for different tools to ensure that the quality of our tools is always kept at a high standard. I have really enjoyed my time in Micron working with my friends as well as the job that I do, especially more so since it was my first full-time job, which left a good impression on me. This leads to me having a reinforced interest in engineering.

Personally, I am a pretty down-to-earth kind of guy and am easy to talk to. I believe that I would be able to work well in most teams. However, sometimes I might be a fast talker, so the person that I am talking to might not be able to understand me. I have tried to slow down my pace when I am talking to the other party; often I would not notice that I was speaking too quickly until someone pointed it out. One of my primary goals is to improve on the above-mentioned issue in the hopes that my message is conveyed in a clear and concise manner to the other party. Additionally, I would like to gather as much knowledge for my personal self-improvement.

Thank you for taking your time to read this, and I hope that we can all make this learning experience as meaningful as possible.

Sincerely,
Eugene Lee


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Research Path for AGV (Automated Guided Vehicle)